“No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.”
In ABC's first year, 25 Border Collies were rescued, rehabilitated, and re-homed. In ABC's second year, 115 Border Collies were accepted into the program, most of whom found their forever homes. In our third year (2011), ABC rescued 220 Border Collies and found homes for over 170. Now, in 2014, we are on pace to adopt out our 1000th Border Collie. We have been very successful, but there are still more that could be saved. All we need is a little help. Are you interested in helping? Not sure how? Here are just a few ways you can help. It’s something you will never regret!
1. Foster a dog for us. Fosters are our greatest need!! Please consider fostering a border collie in transition. All Border Collie Rescue pays for everything except for food! If you are interested in fostering, please fill out the foster/adoption application HERE.
2. Volunteer. Volunteers are always needed for transporting, shelter evaluations, distributing posters and pamphlets, training, and working rescue events. If you have time to give, please e-mail All Border Collie Rescue.
3. Share our cause with others. Watch our End-of-Year Video 2010 HERE and 2011 HERE. They are dedicated to everyone that had any part in rescue that year, in any way!!
4. Donate. The average cost to save one dog is $400. You can help reduce our costs by making a tax-deductible donation. All money goes directly to saving another border collie. All donations will be acknowledged with a thank you and receipt. Donations can be made through Pay Pal (link below).
or mailed to:
All Border Collie Rescue
P.O. Box 130251
The Woodlands, TX 77393
Donate to All Border Collie Rescue ($30 or more) and receive a name brand, high quality dog bed cover as a gift. Click HERE for further details.
5. Matching Contributions. Ask your employer about matching donations. All Border Collie Rescue will gladly supply the paperwork needed for your business to match any money that you donate.
6. Do a Supply Drive. All Border Collie Rescue always needs items necessary to supply their foster homes with everything they need. Items you can collect are crates, dog food, grooming tools, old towels, treats, collars, leashes, toys, bedding, carriers, gift cards, and paper towels. ABC will gladly pick up any items that you collect.
7. Buy from The Border Collie Shop. Click on the Link below and browse The Border Collie Shop. All Border Collie Rescue receives 10% of any purchase you make through this link. Find unique Border Collie gifts for friends and family, and help All Border Collie Rescue too!
8. Help ABCR every time you shop online at Amazon! AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from all your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to your favorite charitable organization. (We hope that’s All Border Collie Rescue!)
To select you charity with AmazonSmile simply go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-3926511 from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make on AmazonSmile will result in a donation. You may also want to add the bookmark smile.amazon.com to your browser, making it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. (When you make a purchase the logo at the top left of the screen should be Amazon.Smile.)
Your account will be the same on AmazonSmile as it was on Amazon.com. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
You can change your charity any time. (But after selecting All Border Collie Rescue, why would you want to.) Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity, sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser and simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.”
9. Order or renew a magazine subscription. Click on this LINK and order or extend a subscription to a magazine and All Border Collie Rescue receives 40%.
10. Go Krogering. If you have a Kroger card, please register your Kroger Rewards card on-line and choose All Border Collie Rescue as your non-profit of choice. (#84122) Then, every time you shop this year, you will be donating to All Border Collie Rescue.
11. Shop at HelpingUdders. Click on this LINK and shop the unusual pet items and choose All Border Collie Rescue at checkout. We will receive 10-50%.
12. Join IGIVE. Join iGive.com to support All Border Collie Rescue. It's free, safe, and easy to join. Use this LINK. Don't feel like registering? Take iSearchiGive.com out for a spin and raise a penny (or more!) per search. Just visit HERE and type "All Border Collie Rescue" in the "Select Your Cause" area. OR... Shop through iGive.com's online mall. OR... Raise a penny search at iSearchiGive.com. The iGive Mall features over 700 trusted online retailers like Amazon.com, Staples, Nordstrom, JCPenney, eBay, Expedia.com, Barnes & Noble, QVC, & PETsMART to name just a few! You'll NEVER pay more when you reach these stores through iGive.com. And if you take advantage of the coupons and free shipping deals posted at iGive, you might even save a few bucks! And with iSearchiGive.com, each qualified search earns a penny (or more!) for your cause. Up to 26% of EACH purchase through iGive benefits your cause, along with a penny (or more!) per qualified search at iSearchiGive.com. Make that first purchase within 45 days and get a bonus $5 donation, too!
13. Donate a Vehicle. Donate your car, boat, truck, RV, Jet Ski or Snowmobile to All Border Collie Rescue and receive a charitable tax deduction. This no cost, no hassle process begins when you contact our fundraising partner Donation Line LLC. Click on their name to go to their website or call 877-277-7487. Make sure to designate All Border Collie Rescue as the beneficiary.
14. Subscribe to BarkBox. What is BarkBox? BarkBox is a New York City based dog-lovin' company that sends high quality dog products to your pup every month. Each box is full of 4-6 goodies like bones, bully sticks, toys, treats, gadgets, shampoos, hygiene products, and more. Check out their Website HERE! Get $10 off any BarkBox subscription and support All Border Collie Rescue! For every coupon used on BarkBox.com, our rescue will get a $10 donation from BarkBox. Be sure to use our special promo code: ACBRBBX1 Help us meet our goal of 100 subscriptions and raise $1000.